Clothing Retail, 2012
1 Dec 2011
Reports & Presentations
Clothing chains are probably the most international of retailers and the pace of globalisation among the major players is not showing any signs of slowing down. This report examines why the leading clothing specialists are looking to international for growth, how they are performing in the key markets of China and India and which markets are on the radar for future growth.
Table of contents
- Why retailers are internationalising
- Key Markets
- China and India
- Beyond BRIC - South-East Asia
- Southern Hemisphere
- Finding a niche
Reasons to buy
- Identify the most international clothing retailers including Inditex, Arcadia Group and Fast Retailing, and how well they are doing in the emerging markets in which they operate;
- Compare consumer spending on clothing and footwear across key growth markets in the Southern Hemisphere, Asia and mature retail markets;
- Assess emerging markets and the potential for retailer growth; and
- Understand strategies used by clothing retailers to gain a foothold in key markets.
About the author
Senior Retail Analyst
Isabel Cavill is a Senior Retail Analyst in non-food, based in London, and specialises in clothing and footwear, luxury trends and the department store sector. She has worked as an analyst in the retailing and manufacturing sectors for a number of research companies for nearly a decade. Formerly an apprentice of the Worshipful Company of World Traders, Isabel has a Master's Degree in international trade and transport from London Guildhall University.