Retail & Social Media5 Mar 2012
Reports & Presentations
With the rise of mobile devices and a growing number of internet users worldwide, retailers and brands are increasingly expanding their presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. In a considerably competitive environment, successful retailers are leveraging social media channels to present a more social side, to satisfy customers' demand for instant information and to differentiate themselves from competitors.
There are many different strategies being employed, including the use of social networks for short term promotions and messages, customer service and more sophisticated strategies such as two-way influence and customer endorsement. Some companies have launched fully transactional f-commerce stores on Facebook whereas others are putting sharing buttons onto their e-commerce sites. Several retailers are leveraging social media to connect with customers based on their location or interests.
Table of contents
- Retail trends
- Converting fans to advocate
- Finding the balance
- The way forward
Reasons to buy
Use this report to:
- Align your social media strategy with leading retailers including Amazon, Walmart and ASOS;
- Identify the key social media trends set to impact retail in 2012;
- Discover what the future holds for this constantly evolving channel; and
- Understand how to invest in social media to drive future sales growth.