Fraud and Theft Protection in Retail12 Mar 2012
Retail Technology Reports
Globally, retailers suffer more than USD100 billion in losses through shrinkage every year. Implementing suitable measures to combat theft and fraud at the hands of both customers and staff is extremely beneficial to companies, directly impacting their bottom lines as shrinkage eats away at already thin profit margins in the retail industry. Over and above this, retailers have become increasingly subject to organised crime and are upgrading their systems to deal with the threat.
Planet Retail’s in-depth report on fraud and theft protection provides an overview on the loss prevention technologies that retailers are deploying, such as Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS), video surveillance and analytics software. It delivers insights from best practice implementation projects by major retailers including Walmart, Carrefour, Inditex and IKEA and provides an outlook on trends and next generation technologies.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
- Video Surveillance
- Top solution providers to watch
Reasons to buy
Use this Retail Technology Trend Report to understand how retailers are utilising technologies to:
- Prevent merchandise from being stolen;
- Expose cashier fraud;
- Avoid sweethearting and bottom-of-the-basket losses;
- Combat organised retail crime;
- Improve the visibility of merchandise;
- Increase the security on self-checkout and self-scanning solutions; and
- Boost sales and enhance customer satisfaction.