The Connected Consumer
3 Mar 2016
Reports & Presentations
In a consumer-driven economy, understanding what is influencing spend is essential if retailers and brands are to provide experiences aligned with shopper expectation and build lasting relationships with their customers. While the core principles of retailing remain the crux of success, the constantly-connected consumer is now highly empowered and expects more. As such, new elements have become incorporated into the list of ‘must-haves’ when choosing where to shop. Shopping is becoming digitally-led, personalised, joined up and social.
This report follows on from Connected Stores 2015, this time assuming the perspective of the consumer. Leveraging Planet Retail’s global quarterly shopper data, Shopology, we identify 6 core elements that are driving loyalty and explore those retailers and brands striving to satisfy these.
Table of contents
- Top priorities to delight the shopper
- Understanding today’s shopper
- Top influencers for today’s shopper:
- Brand Image
- Connected Experiences
- The Mobile Shopper
Reasons to buy
- Identify the 6 top priorities of the modern shopper that are influencing their choice of retailer;
- Assess how factors such as ‘convenience,’ ‘brand image’ and ‘personalisation’ are affecting retailer strategy;
- Explore best-in-class examples of brands and retailers aligning their strategy with the common goal of appeasing the shopper.
About the author
Retail Analyst - E-commerce
Clare Nutter is a Retail Analyst based in London. She works as part of Planet Retail's e-commerce team with a special focus on analysing the modern digital shopper and their relationship to the omni-channel retail environment. Clare holds a degree in Geography from the University of Leeds in the UK.