Global Convenience 2016 - Retail Trends & Forecasts
20 May 2016
Reports & Presentations
As one of the world’s fastest-growing channels, the retail spotlight is on convenience like never before. With consumer demand, lifestyles and shopping habits undergoing a fundamental shift in every global market, tracking the evolution of and staying up-to-date with the latest sector developments has become essential for FMCGs, suppliers and retailers alike.
Planet Retail’s Global Convenience 2016: Retail Trends & Forecasts gives you a comprehensive overview of this rapidly moving channel from a unique worldwide perspective, with data, analysis and insight not only telling you where convenience stands now, but also in which directions it is likely to progress in the future.
Table of contents
1. Setting the scene
2. Global key trends
• Franchise proliferation
• Healthy convenience
• Connected convenience
• Discount convenience
3. The future of convenience
4. Global convenience landscape
5. Regional dashboards
• North America
• Western Europe
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into the size and direction of the convenience channel;
- Assess key trends Planet Retail has identified as likely to impact global convenience in the future, including health and wellness, discount convenience, and franchise proliferation;
- Understand the trends impacting different regions from LATAM to North America to Europe and Asia.
- Learn from the latest examples from the world’s leading retailers around how they are aligning themselves to the latest convenience trends; and
- See real-world examples of best-in-class convenience operators.
About the author
Senior Retail Analyst - UK & France
David Gray is a Senior Retail Analyst in grocery based in London. David has spent a number of years evaluating trends in the UK and specialises in grocery retailing in the UK and Ireland with a focus on Tesco’s global operations. David regularly features in print and broadcast media and produces reports, presentations and articles that deliver insight on his areas of expertise. David holds a BA Joint Honours in Geography and History from the University of Leeds in the UK.
Howard Lake is a Senior Editor based in London. He is responsible for overseeing Planet Retail’s news output as well as the design and production of reports, and works closely with the Content team on a wide range of print and digital publications. Prior to joining Planet Retail’s Editorial team in 2012, he worked for a variety of publishing and media companies both in the UK and the US.