Global Discount 2016 - Retail Trends & Forecasts
4 Aug 2016
Reports & Presentations
Discount retailing has been the growth story of the decade. Already strong in many markets, consumer acceptance of this channel is gathering pace, with major discount retailers growing quickly. Enhanced formats, wider assortments and strong investment programmes are helping to build the scale required in a busy marketplace. International development and a variety discount segment that’s broadening its horizons also mean this is a channel that must be fully understood.
Planet Retail’s Global Discount 2016: Retail Trends & Forecasts provides unique and comprehensive coverage of this dynamic channel. Combining new perspectives, analysis, forecasts and guidance, this report will help you plan ahead in this ‘decade of discount’.
Table of contents
1. Key takeaways
2. Setting the scene
3, Global trends
4. Global discount landscape
5. Regional dashboards
Global, Asia and LATAM
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight on the key trends as discount retailers win share and develop their operating model;
- View unique data drawn from Planet Retail’s database highlighting the leading operators and their potential for sales and outlet growth;
- Take guidance on considerations when trading with this channel and the requirements to win;
- Understand the trends emerging in key regions around the globe, with focus on North America and Europe; and
- See best in class examples of discount retailers in action from around the world.
About the analyst
David Gordon is Planet Retail’s Research Director focusing on European grocery retailing. David joined Planet Retail in 2016 and is supported by a team of retail analysts based in London and Frankfurt. The team provide retailer insights, thought-provoking research and forecasts of the retail landscape for the Planet Retail portal, as well as delivering bespoke advisory projects and speaking engagements.