Bricks, Clicks and Marketplaces - A 21st Century Roadmap for Digital Transformation
11 Oct 2016
Reports & Presentations
While the idea of retailing has not changed – consumers still value price, convenience, speed and service – the pace of change in retailing has accelerated radically. As a result, retailers are grappling with an urgent need to transform both their offerings and operations in order to keep up.
In their efforts to adopt business models fit for the digital age, regardless of their operating model – bricks, clicks or marketplaces – retailers therefore have some strategically vital decisions to make.
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Consumers in the digital age
3. What do these trends mean for retailers?
4. The 3R framework - A 21st Century Roadmap for retailers
5. What are leading retailers doing?
6. A 90-day action plan
Reasons to buy
- Discover the key digital trends shaping consumer demand;
- Explore the best practices for raising brand awareness among customers in the digital age;
- Find out how to maximise sales effectiveness and efficiency across stores, online and marketplaces in retail today;
About the author
Global Retail Technology Director
Miya has over 15 years' experience as an analyst, journalist and editor specialising in enterprise technology use in retail. She has spent this time reporting on the demands and challenges faced by retailers and which technologies can best support their needs in addressing ever-more complex consumer expectations and behaviours. She also brings comprehensive knowledge and understanding of vendor market trends. Prior to joining Planet Retail, Miya was a Senior Research Analyst with IDC Retail Insights, having edited Retail Technology magazine for 10 years.