Global Channel Trends 2016 - Bespoke solutions for individual channels
2 Nov 2016
Reports & Presentations
Get ready for Retail 2.0 as channels transition from their historic models towards new formats and propositions in order to align with modern shoppers. This ranges from stores being reinvented as hubs within the digital and social shopper experience, to other mainstream formats looking to widen their appeal through expanded product ranges and services.
Add into all this the disruptive impact of online and 3P marketplaces and the message is clear: retail and the leading retailers are changing - and fast. Utilising Planet Retail’s unique five-year forecasts and global perspective, Global Channel Trends 2016 highlights these key global shifts and how retailers are responding.
Table of contents
1. Key actions
2. Global overview
3. Channel insights
Hypermarkets & superstores
Supermarkets & neighbourhood stores
Drugstores & pharmacies
Cash & carries and wholesale clubs
Reasons to buy
This report will:
- Show how the global and regional grocery landscape is broken down by seven distinct channels;
- Which channels are set to grow the fastest by 2021, and which ones the slowest;
- What’s driving the shift between channels and what opportunities this will create;
- How leading global retailers are aligned and what strategies and best practice they are pursuing; and
- The essential supplier recommendations by channel.
About the author
Global Research Director
Robert Gregory is the Global Research Director and heads up Planet Retail’s Research Team from London. Robert has over a decade’s experience in analysing research trends and is an expert on global trends and the changing retail landscape. He is a regular contributor to a number of publications around the world and speaks at global industry events.