Moving Beyond Loyalty - Pricing, Personalisation and the Modern Customer
10 Jan 2017
Reports & Presentations
Retailers are caught in an ever-decreasing spiral of price competition that is inevitably leading to margin erosion. Therefore, this white paper examines the best practices, and system requirements for maximising sales and margins, while also fostering greater levels of loyalty among the highest value customers.
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Situation Overview
3. Abandoning cynical discounting
4. Embracing connected retailing
Reasons to buy
- Understand how loyalty and personalised promotions can mitigate the negative effects of markdowns and discounting on sales and margins;
- Evaluate the latest techniques and strategic approaches to fostering loyalty among digitally-enabled shoppers and how they can vary between sectors and channels;
- Identify the potential untapped value of customer data when harnessed in tandem with sales and inventory information for maximum profit, as well as loyalty.
About the analyst
Global Retail Technology Director
Miya has over 15 years' experience as an analyst, journalist and editor specialising in enterprise technology use in retail. She has spent this time reporting on the demands and challenges faced by retailers and which technologies can best support their needs in addressing ever-more complex consumer expectations and behaviours. She also brings comprehensive knowledge and understanding of vendor market trends. Prior to joining Planet Retail, Miya was a Senior Research Analyst with IDC Retail Insights, having edited Retail Technology magazine for 10 years.