Store Tech Trends 2017
17 May 2017
Reports & Presentations
This report examines the impact of digital transformation on the role of technology in retail business partnerships and interactions centred on customer interactions taking place in physical retail environments.
The implications of new technology, connecting up disparate business and customer-facing people, processes and operations within physical retail environments will completely reinvent the role of the retail store. Read about the latest retail innovations, categorised within five trends, and key strategies for retail and FMCG businesses across the globe to harness these changes to their benefit.
Table of contents
1. Global Retail Landscape 2017
STEIP Analysis: Store tech implications
Planet Retail RNG’s Take: Around the World
2. Store Tech Trends – implications and recommendations
Track and trace
Sense and respond
Merging offline and online
Automated store operations
Top store tech to watch in 2017 and beyond
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate best-practice retail technology usage and examples in response to current instore trends;
- Discover how to best engage with instore customers, whose expectations are being set by shopping experiences online; and,
- Identify the key trends in instore technology to attracting shoppers instore – and driving greater loyalty and repeat custom.
About the author
Global Retail Technology Director
Miya has over 15 years' experience as an analyst, journalist and editor specialising in enterprise technology use in retail. She has spent this time reporting on the demands and challenges faced by retailers and which technologies can best support their needs in addressing ever-more complex consumer expectations and behaviours. She also brings comprehensive knowledge and understanding of vendor market trends. Prior to joining Planet Retail, Miya was a Senior Research Analyst with IDC Retail Insights, having edited Retail Technology magazine for 10 years.