CEE Regional Overview 2017 – Retail Trends & Forecasts
9 Aug 2017
Reports & Presentations
Sustained Russian sanctions, economic and social reforms in Poland and an empowered Turkish President are only few events from a long list of major developments currently shaping the retail landscape in Central & Eastern European (CEE). However, despite rising uncertain political and economic outlook in many CEE countries, the region still offers plenty of growth and investment opportunities for retailers and suppliers.
Planet Retail’s CEE Regional Overview 2017 - Retail Trends & Forecasts takes a deep dive into the major growth drivers impacting the grocery landscape in CEE and determines the major five CEE markets to watch in the years ahead. We deliver a thorough insight of prevailing trends within the region and highlight and analyse how leading players win or lose on these trends and are adjusting their strategies accordingly. In addition, the report provides valuable implications and recommendations for suppliers.
Quotes from several supplier interviews with Planet Retail help to outline the sometimes challenging situation for FMCGs and underscore our statements and predictions.
Table of contents
Setting the scene
CEE retail landscape
STEIP factors influencing the region
Country analysis (Poland, Russia, Turkey, Czech Republic and Romania)
Initiatives and insights
Ongoing market consolidation
Protectionism means local sourcing becomes a key factor
Region undergoing a small-format revolution
Drugstore channel developing to meet rising demand
Reasons to buy
- Deepen your knowledge on the development, current status and prospects of the CEE region and its top players and channels;
- Understand the growth drivers and implications for the five key countries and unlock recommendations for suppliers and retailers;
- Discover which of these diverse markets are expected to see the strongest growth;
- Gain insight on how macroeconomic trends affect retailers and suppliers;
- Get in-depth understanding of the major retailer initiatives and their implications; and
- Understand how best to respond to these initiatives through a clear set of recommendations and actions.