Global Discount Channel Report
16 Aug 2018
Reports & Presentations
The discount channel is set for growth, outpacing other store-based channels over the next five years. Progressive retailers in this channel continue to expand their physical store networks, with Aldi and Lidl at the forefront.
The fundamentals for the channel remain strong as shoppers favour more frequent shopping missions and an ever greater desire for value. Increasing levels of connectivity and a gradual movement of spend towards ecommerce will however pose a longer-term challenge.
Suppliers seeking incremental growth will find this channel attractive, requiring specific competencies and solutions to maximise opportunities.
PlanetRetail RNG’s Global Discount Channel Report is a new report that provides unique and comprehensive coverage of this dynamic channel. Combining strategic perspectives, analysis, forecasts and guidance, this report will help you plan ahead in this ‘decade of discount’.
Table of contents
• Channel Landscape
• Competitive Dynamics
STEIP Drivers of Change
• STEIP Assessment
• Store of the Future
• Ecommerce & Digital Ecosystem Management
• Supply Chain & Fulfilment
• Shopper Engagement & Retention
• Supplier Case Studies
• Recommendations by Winning Strategy
• Recommendations for CPG Sectors
Reasons to buy
- A new report format for 2018, providing PlanetRetail RNG’s most complete coverage of the global discount channel.
- Specific actions on what it takes to win with discount retailers, covering four major CPG sectors* and supported with many supplier examples.
- Supplier recommendations as PlanetRetail RNG identifies major initiatives across the discount sector.
- Latest case studies and examples of discount initiatives across the winning strategies of Store of the Future, Ecommerce & Digital Ecosystem Management, Supply Chain & Fulfilment, Shopper Engagement & Retention development.
- In-depth understanding of the factors influencing the channel, using the PlanetRetail RNG STEIP framework, with clear implications drawn out for the industry.
- Global discount landscape projections by retailer and region, featuring the leading global discount operators.
*CPG sectors referenced include food & beverage, health, beauty and personal care, consumer electronics, household and pet care.